The School of Medicine Office of the Dean is the central administrative unit for the OHSU School of Medicine (SoM). The office coordinates the administration of the SoM and OHSU Practice Plan (OPP). These activities include strategic planning, admissions, accreditation, curriculum development, faculty affairs, student affairs, alumni affairs, continuing medical education, graduate medical education, finance, leadership training, human resources, community engagement and partnerships, and communications.
This is an Executive Assistant position in the SoM Office of the Dean and a member of the Administrative Team responsible for providing administrative support and coordination to the SoM Office of the Dean leadership team and committees, specifically the Chief, Primary Care and Population Health Officer, the Director, Primary Care Integration and the Director, Primary Care and Population Health and their respective committees and contributes to the Administrative Team.
Function/Duties of Position
- Provide executive support to the Chief, Primary Care and Population Health Officer, Director of Primary Care Integration and Director of Primary Care and Population Health. Manage complex scheduling priorities and coordinate day-to-day activities for executives.
- Advises executives of time commitments, obligations and schedule conflicts.
- Arrange group and individual meetings with SOM, hospital and university officials; OHSU affiliates and partners; other education, healthcare and research stakeholders and consultants.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including air, hotel, and ground transportation. This also involves managing changes to the calendar and coordinating travel plans with other parties involved with the travel.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence and inquiries in a timely and accurate manner. This involves routing an inquiry to the correct contact(s) and providing specific information responding to their request.
- Compose, edit and proof written material such as correspondence, presentations, organizational charts, reports, proposals, agreements, contracts and personnel documents
- Process Pcard reconciliations and reimbursements. This includes preparing for approval, the appropriate obligating documents in compliance with OHSU policies and procedures. As needed, clarifying OHSU policies and procedures related to payables and reimbursements.
- Manage retention of active and archived files and records, triaging phone calls, greeting visitors, and distributing incoming mail.
- Planning and coordinating virtual or in-person events as needed. Involves identifying location, invitations, calendar appointments and coordinating day-of activities like room set-up, catering, and AV support. Serve as back-up to other administrative team members as needed.
- Committee Administrative Support
- Responsibilities include coordinating meeting agendas, notices, follow-up action items and meeting minutes; set-up of A/V equipment, presentations and materials for distribution; and catering. Some of these meetings require start times as early as 6:30 am and end times as late as 5:15pm.
- Administrative Team contribution: contributes as a member of the Office of the Dean Administrative Team with other administrative assignments as deemed necessary. This involves providing back-up support to other executive staff, front desk coverage, managing files and records, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Four years of executive assistant experience; OR
- An Associate's degree or certificate in office occupations or office technology and three years of executive assistant experience; OR
- A Bachelor's degree and two years of executive assistant experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Four years clerical experience and one year of work for a senior level executive utilizing highly developed organizational skills
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office or comparable office software suite with word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and database features.
- Experience working with SmartSheet, MS Teams, Webex
- Ability to independently prioritize tasks in a fast moving environment to ensure the smooth flow of services and operations.
- Exhibit professional behavior in person, over the phone and through electronic communications.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and exercise discretion at all times.
- Customer service skills, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with event coordination.
- Record of reliable attendance, punctuality and proven successful performance at past and present employers.
- Ability to work independently and function as a team player.
- Ability to receive and provide
- feedback in a constructive manner.
- Experience troubleshooting technical and logistical issues in large in-person and virtual meeting environments.
- Experience composing, editing, and proofing materials.
- Ability to work flexible hours during busy periods.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
Two years of full-time work (or equivalent) providing administrative support to a senior level executive utilizing highly developed organizational skills.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.