Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.
Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Student Accounts
Campus: Rose Hill (RH) - Bronx
Under the direction of the Senior Assistant Director of Student Accounts, the Assistant Director of Student Accounts directs and manages the customer service area; assists in timely and accurate billing, including coordination and processing of third-party billing; provides leadership and oversight to the department staff, focusing on, but not limited to assuring customer satisfaction with student financial services; assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures; and maintaining regulatory compliance.
· Manages all Student Accounts Customer Service functions, including but not limited to: staff scheduling, data gathering, email queue management, and follow-up to determine all contacts are recorded and resolved.
· Host Zoom webinars
· Collaborates closely with other Student Financial Services management team members and the Enrollment Group managers in support of the University's mission and enrollment goals.
· Handles escalation of inquiries.
· Provides supervision, training, and support for Student Accounts customer service staff.
· Handles phone and in-person traffic as needed.
· Supervises the reconciliation and daily execution of the refund process.
· Works with students and families to answer questions regarding billing, process bill payments and enroll in payment plans.
· Maintains documentation as proof of due diligence, including loan disclosures and refund compliance.
· Assumes responsibility for the reconciliation of US Steel and Pfizer Loan programs.
· Processes 1098-T requests.
· Maintains FERPA and other federal regulatory compliance
· Functions as liaison for the Tuition Stabilization Plan program.
· Provides presentations for undergraduate/graduate workshops and orientations.
· Works occasionally at Fordham University's Lincoln Center and Westchester campuses; some evening and weekend hours may be required.
· Participates in professional development workshops.
· Performs other tasks and duties assigned.
· Bachelor's degree
· Three (3) years of diverse experience are required.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL, billing, auditing, and general accounting procedures.
· Knowledge of various software and databases including but not limited to, ACCESS, Banner, PowerFaids and WebFocus preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Fordham Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United kingdom.