Location: Rockville, Maryland
Montgomery College, Office of the Senior Vice President for Student Affairs, has an immediate need for a full-time Presidential Scholars Program Coordinator. The normal work schedule is Monday - Friday 8:30am -5pm. This is a bargaining, non-exempt, grade 25 position. Non-exempt positions are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness. This position is eligible for telework up to 2 days per week after successful completion of initial employment probationary period.
Reporting to the Presidential Scholars Program Director, the Presidential Scholars Program Coordinator is a critical resource for managing, tracking, and supporting student cohorts and programs. The coordinator will support and assist with the implementation and program coordination of the established foundational keys: (1) academic and student support services, (2) financial aid and basic needs support (3) mentorship and success coaching, and (4) experimental learning and opportunities for the student's success. The Coordinator will supervise the PSP brothers' keepers (student assistants) who serve as student leaders and supports the program.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages PSP students' cohort(s) and support service.
- Coordinates and tracks student progress/active engagements (weekly meetings, writing groups, events programs, etc.).
- Assist with the coordination of experimental learning opportunities (i.e. events and activities).
- Attend in-person and virtual meetings and provides supervision for meetings and locations
- Discusses with students concerns and challenges.
- Provide regular updates and reports to PSP leadership team.
- Supervises PSP brothers keepers (student assistants) and PSP various campaigns.
- Serve as a mentor and connect students with resources.
- Recommends impactful programs and events that lead to desired goals, including but not limited to educating faculty and staff on the ways PSP supports African Americans/Black, and educating on research-based practices.
- Coordinates and/or leads group forums and workshops as directed to support student development of adopted 9 Career Competencies: Leadership, Career Development, Teamwork/Collaboration, Digital Technology, Professionalism/Work Ethic, Oral/Written Communication, Equity/Inclusion, and Personal Wellbeing.
- Serves on the internal logistical and planning committee for the Maryland Male Student of Color Summit and other networking events and opportunities.
- Review student applicants and recommends admittance based on established criteria and program capacity.
- Collect and keep data to assess student(s) progression semester-to-semester, year-to-year.
- Assist with the coordination of assessing outcomes associated with PSP programs and initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and/or any combination of education, training and experience providing understanding of the field and the ability to perform the job duties.
- Three (3) years of related work experience in a relevant environment with others but especially diverse student populations.
- Three years of experience in program/project coordination/management.
- Experience mentoring and working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written & oral).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Master's degree in a relevant field with at least three (3) years of related work experience in higher education.
- Familiarity with College policies and procedures.
Hiring Range $26.88 to $34.93 per hour. Initial salary placement is based on internal equity and relevant candidate experience. Please include a complete resume/application including all relevant or related experience.
- Click Here to apply online
- Submission of a cover letter is preferred.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable).
For international degrees, you must provide US degree equivalency verified by a nationally recognized credential evaluation service.
Participation in a retirement plan. If you are retired from the Maryland State System, you may not enroll in either the pension, or optional retirement plan, per state law.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Open Until Filled