- Must professionally represent the Aztec Student Union, A.S. and SDSU at all times
- Commitment to values of diversity, multi-culturalism and higher education
- Commitment to providing all clients an excellent experience by exceeding expectations in all areas
- Commitment to sustainable practices in accordance with the facility’s LEED Platinum Certification and LEED Existing Building Maintenance and Operations (EBOM)
- Commitment to working within a team setting providing feedback and being flexible as needed
- Must be self-motivated, self-starter and perform with minimal direction and supervision
- Must be able to facilitate meetings, trainings and orientations in a professional manner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, colleagues and guests
- Ability to present a consistent, positive approach to students and all internal & external contacts by being courteous, respectful, helpful and cooperative at all times
- Ability to gather and organize data, draw logical conclusions and discern implications
- Well organized, ability to effectively multi-task, ability to prioritize work, problem solve, make decisions and meet scheduled deadlines under pressure
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Ability to operate a computer with proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn and utilize new software programs
- Commitment to a high standard of safety and ability to communicate and train safety policies and procedures to staff
- Ability to motivate part-time student employees and volunteers
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies and procedures
- Ability to adapt to and work in an environment of constant change, growth and frequent interruptions
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a regular, full-time position. Flexibility and willingness to work long and irregular hours and days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as dictated by event schedule.
Salary Range: $21.79 - $25 per hour
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work conditions may vary depending upon the location of programs; programs may occur indoors and outdoors, therefore requiring exposure to a variety of elements. While working indoors, the lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. While working outdoors, the work environment may involve exposure to various elements including but not limited to: sun, heat/cold, dust, pollens and other environmental risks.
This position may also call for occasional business-related driving. A valid California Drivers’ License and proof of automobile insurance is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include talking, listening, sitting, standing, walking, manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, use of office equipment including but not limited to computers, scanners, printers, telephones, copiers, fax machines, digital cameras, corrected vision and hearing to standard range.
Depending on program requirements, physical demands may require standing and walking for extended lengths of time and may require lifting, pushing, pulling, moving and carrying items up to 25 pounds.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the Assistant Director of A.S. Programs
- Works closely with ASUB Programs Assistants and ASUB volunteers
- Works closely with the Aztec Student Union Assistant Director of Event Services, Event Planners, Aztec Student Union Assistant Director of Operations, Operations Coordinator and Operations Supervisor
- Works closely with A.S. Government Affairs, A.S. Business Services, A.S. Graphics and A.S. Executive Officers
Outside the Organization:
- Communicates with various University departments and personnel (i.e. Center for Student Organizations and Activities, various Identity Centers, Residential Education Office/Residence Life, and various arts and performing arts departments)
- Interacts with event vendors and student attendees
- Communicates and obtains approvals for program-related activities and functions through departments such as SDSU Environment Health & Safety, University Police Department, SDSU Facilities Services, California State Fire Marshal, SDSU Business & Financial Affairs, SDSU Student Affairs
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt, Grade 4
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered this position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position.