Location: Portland, Oregon
The Assistant Vice Provost for Institutional Research and Effectiveness will lead the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness. In this positions you will support the Office of the Provost, the schools and programs to enhance the academic mission of OHSU. You will lead the institutional research functions of the academic mission through the creation of dashboards and reports to be used in data driven decision making at the programmatic, school, Office of the Provost and executive leadership levels. You will develop the processes and procedures needed to obtain, analyze and produce actionable data and information for decision making, consultation and reporting and will also be responsible for compliance with several federal and state reporting requirements. You will also coordinate and track action towards improving the effectiveness of the academic mission. Using data, trend analyses and forecasting, this position will identify and propose opportunities for improvement, work with other key academic and administrative leaders in developing improvement plans, document improvement plans and review the progress on improvement plans. You will implement Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) in the academic units and the Office of the Provost. You will partner with academic and administrative leaders in the areas of assessment, simulation, academic affairs, student affairs and assist in compliance with specialized and institutional accrediting agency continuous improvement standards.
Function/Duties of Position
- Manages the functions of the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness. This includes ensuring that the office is operating efficiently and that work is completed accurately and within established timelines. Manages the institutional research functions of data gathering, data analysis and data dissemination for the academic mission. Works with academic and administrative leaders to determine the information needs of stakeholders and develops processes, procedures and capacity to deliver actionable information. Oversees the creation of data, dashboards and customized reports that will be used in data-driven decision making by academic programs, schools, the Office of the Provost and executive leadership. Coordinates data requests, data creation and data dissemination to meet the needs of stakeholders. Collaborates with the key academic and administrative leaders, such as the Assistant Vice Provost for Workforce Capacity Development, to track outcomes of programs funded by the OHSU 30-30-30 initiative.
- Assists in improving the effectiveness of educational programs and the Office of the Provost. Implements Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) within the academic units and the Office of the Provost. Partners with senior academic leadership in establishing data needs in the areas of assessment, accreditation, simulation, academic affairs and student affairs. Assists in compliance with the continuous improvement standards of specialized and university accreditation standards. Participates as an active member of the University Accreditation Work Group, tasked with implementing academic mission wide changes to support compliance with accreditation standards. Using data, analyses and forecasting identifies and proposes areas needing improvement to advance the effectiveness of the academic mission. Works with academic programs, schools and the Office of the Provost to develop action plans that will focus on areas of improvement. Documents action plans and tracks progress toward completion. Reviews and reports on the progress of action plans and coordinates modification of action plans as necessary. Provides updates on action plans to academic programs, schools and the Office of the Provost.
- Manages the publication and submission of several federal and state data reporting requirements. Responsible for the annual publication of the OHSU Fact Book. This involves coordinating the request and
- receipt of data from the Registrar, the schools, the library, the hospital, the research mission, the Foundation and the finance area of OHSU. Data is then compiled and published for use by internal and external stakeholders including the Oregon State Legislature. Responsible for obtaining and publishing the data contained in the Annual Performance Progress Report (APPR) to the Oregon State Legislature. This involves gathering, analyzing, monitoring and publishing the results for the Key Performance Indicators that are used by the Oregon State Legislature to determine OHSU's progress towards fulfilling its goals. Coordinate submission of the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) surveys. This involves completion of several of the surveys and also coordination with the library, finance area and Human Resources to ensure those surveys are completed and locked prior to the deadline for each survey. Serves as the IPEDS Keyholder. Responds to requests for data from OHSU Strategic Communications and Media Relations for the OHSU Facts and other publications. Responds to internal and external requests for data and surveys, include U.S. News and World Report, Peterson's, Moody's, Standard & Poor's, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters degree
- 5 years of relevant experience leading Institutional Research processes and/or Institutional Effectiveness processes at an institution of higher education
- 5 years of relevant change management experience
- 5 years' experience leading complex, mission-critical initiatives
- Demonstrated experience motivating individuals and groups to produce results
- Demonstrated data analysis skills and report writing skills
- Experience performing at a leadership level in a complex organizational environment
- Demonstrated writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated skills in organization and activities to bring large and small groups together to reach consensus
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-directed; self-starter; creative; strategic thinker.
- Strong listening and communication skills; effective in a team-based working relationships and collaborations with other professionals
- Ability to manage a complex multi-faceted agenda including providing oversight to project development and implementation.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Terminal degree
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Anti-racism experience, especially with respect to managing projects
- Leadership experience at research universities, academic health centers and/or state systems of higher education
- Project Management Professional certification
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.