Director of Program Planning, Implementation and Assessment
East Carolina University
Location: Greenville, North Carolina
Internal Number: 60829
The Director of Program Planning, Implementation and Assessment (DPPIA) provides management and coordination of a variety of services in meeting the program planning, implementation, assessment, and reporting needs of the ECU School of Dental Medicine. The primary emphasis of the Director's efforts is to extend the benefits of the educational, research, and service activities supporting the School's mission.
The DPPIA is responsible for the acquisition, management and analysis of data from multiple sources with an emphasis on program planning, implementation and assessment. The Director manages organizational program evaluation and assessment activities through the maintenance of data in the preparation of SoDM, University, State, and National organization and accrediting agency reports. This position also provides and/or coordinates program planning and evaluation, ensuring developing and existing programs are effective and in conformance with the overall goals and objectives of the SoDM. The Director also participates in strategic planning, as appropriate, at both the macro and micro levels (e.g., Unit, department, program).
The position reports to the Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs, with ancillary reporting to the Vice Dean while completing accreditation tasks.
Specific Duties Include:
Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
· Collecting and managing data from multiple sources to aid in program planning, implementation, and assessment activities and reporting;
· Managing and disseminating confidential and sensitive assessment data, as appropriate, to the SoDM, the University and to external agencies for meeting mandated reporting requirements at the state and federal levels;
· Collaborating with key SoDM program staff in the design and implementation of data reporting templates and systems (i.e., tables, graphs, charts, dashboards) so as to support and facilitate internal trend analysis and reporting for specific programming and activities;
· Interfacing with all SoDM departments and programs to ensure a cohesive approach to data collection, management and analysis processes;
· Overseeing the compilation of data and information in the preparation of the initial draft of the SoDM Strategic Plan Update Report, as well as the designated annual program reports required by the ECU Office of Institutional Planning, Assessment and Research (IPAR).
· Providing oversight for developing reports and documentation required to ensure ongoing compliance with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) requirements and the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) accreditation standards;
· Facilitating the completion of all program reports and/or surveys for the University, state and national organizations, including but not limited to: IPAR, American Dental Association (ADA), and the American Dental Education Association (ADEA);
· Supporting accreditation planning for all SoDM programs, collaborating with designated program directors in the preparation of cohesive self-study reports.
Strategic Planning and Outcomes Assessment
· Actively participating in the ongoing strategic planning process for the SoDM, analyzing information related to program strategies, objectives, outcomes, and finances, resulting in the submission of recommendations/projections to SoDM administration, as needed;
· Assuring alignment of the SoDM's strategic plan with the University's and UNC System's strategic plans while serving as the primary interface between the SoDM and IPAR;
· Interacting independently and frequently with the SoDM leadership, faculty and staff to identify and address program planning, implementation, assessment, and reporting needs;
· Engaging in collaborative research and scholarship opportunities with administrators, faculty and staff, resulting in the submission of publications related to the development, implementation and assessment of new programs promoting the unique SoDM educational model; investigating and identifying funding sources to support these activities.
Contingent upon available funding
Special Instructions To Application:
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the required applicant documents:
Letter of Interest
List of Three References (noting contact information)
As part of the screening process, the references provided may be contacted.
Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered for meeting this requirement.
At the time of employment two to three original letters of reference, official transcripts, a criminal background check, and proper documentation of identity and employability are required.
For letters of reference not submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system, please have the original signed letters mailed to: Nancy Blackmon (PN001943) Employee Support Services ECU School of Dental Medicine 1851 MacGregor Downs Road Greenville, NC 27834
· Master's degree or higher, or bachelor's degree with extensive experience in a discipline related to this position (e.g., education, public health, public policy or planning, public and/or business administration or another related field); · Minimum of three years of experience in an educational, professional or health care setting, working with the initiation, implementation, management, evaluation, and assessment of a program or programs;
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with strategic planning; program development, implementation and assessment; data collection, interpretation/analysis and reporting processes;
· Experience communicating with diverse populations;
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 001943
Organizational Unit Overview:
The School of Dental Medicine is composed of ten administrative offices and four academic departments. The Administrative units include the Offices of the Dean, Vice Dean, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Associate Dean for Research, Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, Associate Dean for Extramural Clinical Practices, Assistant Dean for Dental Education and Informatics, Assistant Dean for Educational Support and Faculty Development, Assistant Dean for Academic Success and the Assistant Dean for Business Operations and Financial Affairs. The four academic departments are Surgical Sciences, Pediatric Dentistry, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, General Dentistry and Foundational Sciences.
Included in the mission of the School of Dental Medicine is to educate dental care providers (both dental students and dental residents) and to address the oral health care needs of the underserved population of North Carolina. The School of Dental Medicine meets these missions by operating dental clinics that provide both educational experiences for the dental students and residents and provides dental care to the residents of North Carolina. These clinics occur in both Ross Hall in Greenville, North Carolina, as well as Community Service Learning Centers located throughout North Carolina. In order to operate these clinics, appropriate dental auxiliaries and clinical staff are needed.
To be a national model for student success, public service and regional transformation, East Carolina University uses innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to maximize access; prepares students with the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in a global, multicultural society; develops tomorrow's leaders to serve and inspire positive change; discovers new knowledge and innovations to support a thriving future for eastern North Carolina and beyond; transforms health care, promotes wellness, and reduces health disparities; and improves qualify of life through cultural enrichment, academics, the arts, and athletics. We accomplish our mission through education, research, creative activities, and service while being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. East Carolina University delivers on the promise of opportunity. We open doors. We improve lives. We transform the present, and we discover the future. In these ways and more, we serve our community, our state, our nation and our world as together we reach toward our greatest potential. Tomorrow starts here.