|Position Title: ||Recruiting Officer || |
|Location: ||Big Rapids (Main Campus) || |
|Department: || |
61100 - Admissions
|Advertised Salary: ||$39,000-$40,000 Salary commensurate with education, experiences, and other requirements. Comprehensive benefit package (health care, vacation, etc.) || |
|FLSA: ||Exempt || |
|Temporary/Continuing: ||Continuing || |
|Part-Time/Full-Time: ||Full-Time || |
|Union Group: ||N/A || |
|Term of Position: ||12 Month || |
|At Will/Just Cause: ||Just Cause || |
|Summary of Position: ||Provide administrative leadership and management of student recruiting activities for the University’s academic programming. Engage in recruitment practices which are in keeping with the Division’s Mission and Vision Statements. Travel, carrying of materials, evening and weekend hours are required. || |
|Position Type: ||Staff || |
|Required Education: ||Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. || |
|Required Work Experience: ||Work experience in an aspect of recruitment, marketing and/or public relations. || |
|Required Licenses and Certifications: ||Valid Driver’s License || |
|Physical Demands: || |
- Office Environment
|Additional Education/Experiences to be Considered: ||Knowledge of and/or a degree in marketing, advertising, and/or communications. |
Familiarity with Ferris’ programs and mission.
Successful work experience in college admissions recruiting.
|Essential Duties/Responsibilities: ||• Function as an official representative of the University at career fairs, high schools, career |
technical centers, community college visits, new student orientations, education
related conferences, and other recruiting related activities.
• Acquire and maintain and in-depth knowledge of the University in order to provide
explanation and interpretation of eligibility requirements and Admission’s practices and
• Prepare and present written/oral student recruitment related communications to a variety
of internal and external audiences.
• Use initiative and sound judgment in administrative matters, within the authority
designated by the Dean or designee.
• Establish and maintain communications and coordination with administration, faculty,
academic counselors, and staff on all pertinent recruiting issues, through meetings,
conferences, and written communications as required.
• Serve on University committees to improve/increase recruiting efforts.
• Maintain inventory of student recruitment supplies and equipment.
• Participate in the Summer Orientation program.
• Provide leadership in the updated maintenance of the student recruitment database that
tracks prospects, admits, and enrollees. Generate reports from this database as needed.
• Manage all aspects of assigned territory.
• Provide personal and authentic communications to prospective students and parents.
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of multi software and cloud based tools.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with University policies and
• Reports directly to the Associate Director of Admissions/Recruitment Processes.
• Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of designated information.
• Demonstrates an understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion, especially in working
relationships with students, faculty, staff and community members.
• Any other duties assigned within the position classification area.
|Marginal Duties/Responsibilities: || || |
|Skills and Abilities: ||• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with a varied and diverse group of |
• Research, explore and recommend effective methods of recruitment practices.
• Communicate successfully, both oral and written, to include public speaking.
• Project a positive image and establish good rapport with the public.
• Travel with overnight stays; work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Ability to work with a diverse workforce and student population.
• Demonstrated commitment, experience and understanding for diversity, equity, and
|Required Documents: || |
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
|Optional Documents: || || |
|Special Instructions to Applicants: ||Transcript 1 (REQUIRED): Applicants must attach a copy of unofficial transcript of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. |
Transcript must include: Institution name, applicant name, date degree attained, degree awarded. Finalist will be required to submit an official transcript.
|Initial Application Review Date: ||May 1st, 2023 || |
|Open Until Position is Filled?: ||True || |
|Posting Close Date: || || |
|EEO Statement: ||Ferris State University, an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within its community. Ferris offers employment opportunities to qualified candidates seeking careers in a student-focused environment that values opportunity, collaboration, diversity and educational excellence. Learn more about the Ferris Mission and community at ferris.edu. The University actively seeks applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups. For more information on the University’s Policy on Non-Discrimination, visit: Ferris Non-Discrimination Statement. || |
| || || |
| || || |