Days and Hours: AY: M-F 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Summer: M-Th 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
1. Responsible for supervising the daily operations of Registration Services, including activities related to enrolling and withdrawing students, payment processing and other financial related transactions, enrollment certification and verification, while maintaining high customer service standards.
2. Coordinate and communicate regularly with the Business Office and Financial Aid to support fiscally sound decision making within departments.
1. Supervises, trains, and evaluates staff.
2. Manages the daily operation of the Enrollment Services Counter, including registration, records maintenance, payment, and cashiering activities.
3. Oversees daily cash reconciliation processes by ESAs and other departmental staff.
4. Assists with the coordination of one-stop initiatives and registration events.
5. Supervises office functions related to document retention and management.
6. Manages quality control procedures and suggests process improvements when needed.
7. Maintains fiscally sound policies related to student accounts management.
8. Documents and contributes Registration Services related information to internal stakeholders.
9. Maintains confidentiality and follows Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines.
10. Complies with all safety, fire, and smoking regulations.
11. Completes all mandatory compliance and safety training as scheduled by Human Resources.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree required.
2. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
3. Two to three years of supervisory experience preferred.
4. Must have experience providing internal and external customer service in a professional setting.
5. Must have an attention to detail, strong organizational skills, superior oral and written communication skills, ability to keep accurate records, and work independently with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to work as a part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment.
7. Must have solid computer skills, including aptitude to master basic functions in Colleague, the College's student information system; and experience using office productivity software.
8. Experience with the Ellucian Colleague student information system preferred.
Camden County College is one of the largest, most comprehensive community colleges in New Jersey and the surrounding region and is a vital resource for transfer education, workforce training, and cultural events. Its three distinct locations in Blackwood, Camden and Cherry Hill – along with its satellite locations in Lakeland, Sicklerville and elsewhere throughout the County – share the common mission of providing accessible, affordable higher education and occupational study to all who can benefit.The College also is recognized nationally as a leader in technology programs such as video game design/development and photonics. In addition, it is acknowledged for maintaining low tuition rates for many years. Perhaps most importantly, CCC is known for responding to the changing needs of the communities and students it serves by continuously updating its programs and services to support the economic development in this area and the professional and personal development of residents.