Location: Rockville, Maryland
Montgomery College, Rockville, Maryland, has an immediate need for a full-time Information Systems Architect in the Student Records and Registration department. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. This is a non-bargaining, exempt, grade 31 position. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness. This position is eligible for teleworking up to one (1) day per week after successful completion of initial employment probationary period.
We are looking for a highly proficient Information Systems Architect to join our Student Information System department (SIS) and contribute to the design, implementation, maintenance, and training of our student enterprise systems, which include Banner Student Information System and Third-party Student Self-Service Applications. As the Information Systems Architect, you will report to the Information Systems Manager and will play a crucial role in supporting Web Self-Service student systems, data management and reporting needs of the Student Affairs department.
As the Enterprise Systems Architect, you will be responsible for a broad range of duties, including defining and managing the architecture of student enterprise systems, as well as providing technical and functional assistance to college-wide users. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Student Affairs, IT teams, Consultants, Reporting Analysts, Project Managers, and Training Specialists, to ensure the successful delivery and support of student information systems.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess a robust understanding of enterprise systems architecture and be highly skilled in designing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise-level systems. Additionally, excellent communication skills, the ability to work effectively under pressure, and a successful track record of delivering high-quality projects within the allotted timeframe and budget are essential for success in this role.
Duties include but are not limited to:
End User Support, System Administration, and Training:
- Provide technical and functional support for administrative systems supported by the Student Information System (SIS) department.
- Respond to end-user inquiries and issues related to the SIS and other supported third- party student systems and collaborate with technical teams to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions.
- Lead efforts to create and update documentation for functional specifications, operating procedures, configuration, testing scripts, test data sets, test plans, and training materials
- Develop and maintain resources to support end-user training and troubleshooting.
- Manage system configurations and settings, including user access, security roles, and data validation rules.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure system configurations are aligned with business processes.
- Collaborate with other IT and functional teams to escalate complex issues and ensure timely resolution.
- Maintain system integrations with other enterprise applications, including but not limited to Banner Student Self-Service systems, Parchment eTranscript, Medicat, ImageNow, CRM, and other third-party supported systems.
- Collaborate with SIS and IT teams to execute system upgrades, patches, and other maintenance activities to ensure system stability and security.
- Support special projects and ad hoc assignments related to administrative student systems as needed.
- Design and program data structures for student systems and provide data reporting for Student Affairs.
- Support Student Affairs with data gathering, collection, warehousing, and reporting for various student systems, including third-party systems.
- Utilize report writing tools to design regular dashboard reporting for Planning and Enrollment decision making.
- Develop efficient and reusable SQL scripts to create formulas and parameters for reports, and provide ad-hoc data to internal departments and external organizations.
- Develop analytical tools, business intelligent reports, dashboards, and other means for decision-making.
- Protect, secure, and archive sensitive information, including tables, forms, and records within specific ERP modules and interrelated systems.
- Design and support testing scenarios to ensure the accuracy and completeness of student data and troubleshoot problems and escalate them to technical staff as necessary.
Business Process Analysis and Design:
- Conduct analysis of current student information system processes and identify areas for improvement to enhance system functionality and data workflow/integration activities.
- Work with stakeholders, including Student Affairs departments, to understand their business needs and requirements for student information systems.
- Research and implement best practices in business process improvement efforts and suggest the use of automated tools to enhance efficiency.
- Develop and document business processes and workflows for student information systems, ensuring alignment with best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with Reporting Analysts to ensure student data collected through student information systems is readily available for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Assist in documentation and retention procedures for design and procedural changes made to processes and Information Services & Systems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field, and/or any combination of education, training, and experience providing understanding of the field and the ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Three years of data processing experience, which should have included progressively more responsible roles in working with enterprise application solutions in large and complex business or academic technical environments.
- Three years of experience in project management and related tools, systems analysis and design, including areas such as applications architecture (including database and web applications configurations).
- Two years of experience working with tools for collecting data and generating reports, including SQL reporting and scripting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Technical proficiency with required IT operating systems.
- Ability to perform needs analysis, conduct feasibility studies, and query data while being attentive to details and capable of explaining architectural concepts.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to troubleshoot, develop test plans and cases, and work independently or as part of a team.
- Four years of data processing experience, which should have included progressively more responsible roles in working with enterprise application solutions in large and complex business or academic technical environments.
- Five years of experience working with large relational databases including retrieving data from the system using reporting tools: hands-on trouble shooting, data retrieval, and database updating; working knowledge of business process in the functional department and Relational Databases.
- Five years of comprehensive knowledge of SQL, and PL/SQL programming.
- Five years of experience in programming using common programming language.
- Three years of experience participating as subject matter expert, lead and coordinate projects in Higher Education Institutions and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Proficiently in the use of software applications, database, spreadsheets, and /or word processing.
- Three years of experience with Banner ERP/cloud systems administration, configuration, maintenance and reporting.
Hiring Range $74,445 - 96,768 annually. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity. Please include a complete resume including all relevant and related work experience.
- Click Here to apply online
- Initial salary placement is based on internal equity and relevant candidate experience. Please include a complete resume/application including all relevant or related experience.
- Participation in a retirement plan. If you are retired from the Maryland State System, you may not enroll in either the pension, or optional retirement plan, per state law.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable).
For international degrees, you must provide US degree equivalency verified by a nationally recognized credential evaluation service.
Participation in a Maryland State Retirement System plan (Pension or Optional Retirement Plan, depending on the position). If you are already retired from the Maryland State Retirement System, you may not enroll in a Maryland State Retirement System plan at Montgomery Collage and may have earn ings restrictions, per state law.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Open Until Filled