Suffolk University is pleased to announce a career opportunity for Associate Director, Alumni Relations and Affinity Engagement. Suffolk University's Advancement Engagement programs are critical to advancing the University's mission and strategic goals. Our Alumni Relations programs serve to engage and inform current and future alumni, involve them as volunteers in meaningful ways, strengthen their pride in and attachment to Suffolk, and continue to build a culture of philanthropy across our alumni community.
Reporting directly to the Director, Advancement Engagement, and in close collaboration with the Associate Vice President, Advancement Engagement and Alumni Relations, and other members of Advancement leadership, the Associate Director is responsible for developing, marketing, implementing, and evaluating events, outreach, and programs designed to engage Suffolk's alumni of all ages and strengthen the culture of philanthropy across the University community.
The Associate Director will assist with the development of a comprehensive, diverse, and inclusive program to engage Suffolk alumni in meaningful ways and promote philanthropic support of Suffolk. The Associate Director will research, develop, plan, implement, and evaluate a broad range of alumni engagement and annual giving programming including events, outreach, volunteer management, and special programs related to College of Arts & Sciences Alumni and identity-based affinity alumni networks. Responsibilities of the Associate Director will include, but are not limited to, planning, promoting, and implementing alumni events including the annual Celebration of Black Excellence event, aspects of our annual Suffolk Weekend (alumni/family weekend), Ram Inclusion Week programming which is central to the Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) goals of the University and additional signature development, engagement and recognition events.
- Create relationships and serve as the point person to identity-based alumni affinity groups including but not limited to the Suffolk University Black Alumni Network, the Women in Leadership Network, and the PRIDE LGBTQ+ Alumni Network.
* Build relationships and engagement with Alumni of the College of Arts and Sciences
* Serve as the staff liaison and ex-officio member for the Suffolk University College of Arts and Sciences Alumni Association Board.
* Partner with College of Arts and Sciences Alumni Board leaders and Affinity Group leaders to develop fiscal year goals that align with Suffolk's strategic priorities, advising and assisting the groups with meeting structure/agenda and follow through.
* Guide and assist with the identification and recruitment of diverse and inclusive board/group members/leaders.
* Create volunteer engagement opportunities through partnerships with the College of Arts & Sciences, Admissions, Career Development, Student Affairs, Center for Student Diversity & Inclusion, student organizations, academic departments and other campus partners.
* Collaborate closely with Advancement colleagues in increasing support from alumni; assist in identifying alumni donor prospects; communicate Advancement related activities via written contact reports filed in Raiser's Edge NXT database.
* Collaborate with Annual Giving team to leverage alumni volunteers for individual, print and digital solicitations and partner with them on developing new strategies.
* Assist the Director of Advancement Engagement with the development and implementation of revenue-driven benefits programs.
Program Development, Events, Communications and Outreach
* Plan, promote and implement a variety of alumni programs and events to support the University's Strategic Plan and increase alumni and donor engagement and financial support.
* Ensure all events are consistently executed with the highest level of quality, are cost-effective and support the University's mission and strategic goals.
* Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external constituents to ensure effective execution of events.
* Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally and nationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and print publications.
* Serve as a liaison with campus partners such as Deans, Student Affairs and student organization leaders, Career Development, Admissions and Athletics.
* Propose and develop new methods of engagement through events and outreach programs.
* Act as an ambassador at events.
* Develop alumni affinity programs based on area of study, interest and/or industry.
* Design and implement efforts, both electronic and print based, to publicize events and promote overall event attendance.
* Prepare relevant event briefing documents and supporting materials for Suffolk and Advancement leadership.
* Draft event invitations, correspondence, talking points, etc.
* Assist in data integrity efforts to ensure accurate and complete alumni database records.
* Perform additional duties as assigned and assist with special projects as assigned.